Malaika Arora Khan
|Born||23 August 1973
Thane, Maharashtra, India
|Other names||Malaika Khan
|Occupation||Actress, Dancer, Model, VJ,Television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Arbaaz Khan (m. 1998)|
|Children||Arhaan Khan (b. 2002)|
Malaika Arora Khan (born 23 August 1973), known as Malaika Arora before her marriage, is an Indian actress, dancer, model, VJ, and television presenter. She is most famous for her dancing in the songs “Chaiyya Chaiyya” (1998) and “Munni Badnaam Hui” (2010). She turned film producer in 2008, with her former husband, Arbaaz Khan. Their company Arbaaz Khan Productions has released films like Dabangg (2010) and Dabangg 2(2012).
Early life and background
Malaika Arora was born in Thane, Maharashtra. Her parents divorced when she was 11 years old and she shifted to Chembur with her mother and sister Amrita. Her mother, Joyce Polycarp, is a Malayali Catholic and her father, Anil Arora, was a Punjabi native to the Indian border town of Fazilka, who worked in the Merchant Navy.
She completed her secondary education at Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur. Her aunt, Grace Polycarp, was the principal of the school. She is also an alumnus of the Holy Cross High School Thane where she studied until ninth grade. She pursued her college education from Jai Hind College, Churchgate but did not complete it on account of professional engagements. She lived in Borla Society, Chembur opposite Basant Talkies before starting her modelling career.
Malaika was selected as one of the MTV VJs when MTV India started its operations becoming an interviewer and later co-anchoring with Cyrus Broacha the programs Love Line andStyle Check. Malaika then entered the modelling world, appearing in many advertisements, for album songs like “Gur Naal Ishq Mitha” and item numbers such as “Chaiyya Chaiyya” in the 1998 Bollywood film Dil Se...
In the 2000s, apart from featuring in item numbers for various films, she made cameo appearances in a few films. In 2008, she appeared in her first major acting role in the film EMIwhich was a box-office failure.
In 2010, she featured in the item song “Munni Badnaam Hui” in the film Dabangg, which was produced by her husband Arbaaz Khan. On 12 March 2011, she helped set a world record with 1235 participants performing a choreographed dance to “Munni Badnaam” which she led.
She was the Taiwan Excellence celebrity endorser in 2012. She endorsed Dabur’s 30-plus. She states that she never wanted to do acting. She performed live alongside Atif Aslam, Shaan and Bipasha Basu in a series of concerts at LG Arena in Birmingham and The O2 Arena in London.
Malaika appeared on the television show Nach Baliye as one of the three judges. The show was aired on STAR One in mid-2005. She continued as a judge in Nach Baliye 2 which started airing in the last quarter of 2006. In this show, she performed many item numbers as an example for the contestants. She appeared on the show Zara Nachke Dikha as a judge on Star One. She was a judge on the show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2010.
Malaika is married to Bollywood actor-director-producer Arbaaz Khan in 1998 whom she met during a coffee ad shoot. They announced separation on 28 March 2016. Together they have a son, Arhaan, born on 9 November 2002. Her sister is actress Amrita Arora, and her brothers-in-law are Bollywood actor Salman Khan and Bollywood actor-director-producer Sohail Khan. Her father-in-law is scriptwriter Salim Khan.
- 1998: Dil Se……..
- 2000: Bichhoo (cameo appearance)
- 2002: Maa Tujhhe Salaam (cameo appearance)
- 2002: Kaante as Lisa
- 2007: Om Shanti Om (cameo appearance)
- 2008: EMI as Nancy
- 2009: Helloo India (cameo appearance)
- 2010: Housefull as Pooja (cameo appearance)
- 2012: Housefull 2 as Sarla/Hetal/Anarkali (cameo appearance)
- 2014: Happy New Year (cameo appearance)
- 2010: Dabangg – Filmfare Award for Best Film, National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment
- 2012: Dabangg 2
- 2015: Dolly Ki Doli
- 1998: Dil Se.. in “Chaiyya Chaiyya“
- 1999: Pyar Ke Geet in “Dholna”
- 2000: Bichhoo in “Ekwari Tak Le”
- 2002: Kaante in “Maahi Ve”
- 2005: Kaal in “Kaal Dhamaal”
- 2007: Heyy Babyy in “Heyy Babyy”
- 2007: Athidhi in “Rathraina” (Telugu)
- 2007: Om Shanti Om in “Deewangi Deewangi”
- 2007: Welcome in “Hoth Rasiley”
- 2010: Prem Kaa Game in “I Wanna Fall Fall in Love”
- 2010: Dabangg in “Munni Badnaam Hui“
- 2012: Gabbar Singh in “Kevvu Keka” (Telugu)
- 2012: Housefull 2 in “Anarkali Disco Chali”
- 2012: Dabangg 2 in “Pandey Ji”
- 2015: Dolly Ki Doli in “Fashion Khatam Mujh Par”
- 2005: Nach Baliye 1 as Herself / Judge
- 2006: Nach Baliye 2 as Herself / Judge
- 2008: Zara Nachke Dikha as Herself / Judge
- 2008: Dhoom Macha De as Herself / Host
- 2009: Perfect Bride as Herself / Judge
- 2010: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 as Herself / Judge
- 2011: Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan as Herself / Judge
- 2014: India’s Got Talent 5 as Herself / Judge
- 2015: India’s Got Talent 6 as Herself / Judge
- 2015: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded as Herself / Judge
- 2016: India’s Got Talent 7 as Herself / Judge
- 2016: Swaragini as Herself/ Guest Judge
The actress sure knows how to make us jealous – This pic of Malaika Arora Khanwill prove …
Malaika Arora Khan. “Cherish the past,live the present,nurture the future”. 1,013 posts; 2.8m followers; 227 following. A must read.very insightful. #Repost …
Contrary to reports stating that Malaika Arora Khan has dropped ‘Khan’ from her name, post separating from husband Arbaaz, the actress and television host …
Jul 22, 2016 – An occupational hazard, we reply like we do believe it is in our line of professional duty to inform you that Malaika Arora Khan and estranged …
Mar 21, 2016 – Malaika Arora Khan has supposedly ended her 18-year marriage with Arbaaz Khan because of the latter’s unsuccessful career. IndiaToday.in …
Malaika arora khan wiki,biography,birthday,age,education and profile details.malaika arora family,husband,filmography info.